Recent conversations with Olivia:
Mommy: "Do you want to go to the swings?"
Olivia: "I'll tell you what, I will finish this and then we can go."
Mommy: "I'll tell YOU what..." (couldn't finish, laughing too hard)
Olivia: "Mooommmyyy, Mooommmyy" (From her bed)
Mommy: "What do you need, Olivia?"
Olivia: "The thing is... I just can't sleep, I am having bad dreams and I am scared." (Side note: It is 8:30, still light out, she has a nightlight, a cd of lullabies playing, the bathroom light is on and she has not been alseep yet, making it hard to have bad dreams... wonder if she thinks I am fooled). (Another side note: Tommy is now laying with her, he is such a softie! Guess she won tonight).
Olivia: "Mommy, where are we going?"
Mommy: "Target"
Olivia: "Oh, I didn't realize that"
It is so good for me to document these funny conversations at this age. Some days I am just amazed at what she has picked up. How can she go from throwing the kind of tantrum that should have ended a year ago, to having intelligent conversations? Too funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment