Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weather-Watchers




Watching the rain is one of my FAVORITE things to do! I think the kids are going to love storms as much as I do. They were watching out of the window in our room and when Logan saw lightening, he would say "Uh, Oh!" It was fun to sit with them and watch the rain. I wish I could see inside their minds to see how they are processing things. I imagine that Logan thinks the rain is a big sprinkler.
Olivia informed Logan that he was NOT to push her because she did not want to fall out of the window. Which reminded me of the time she accidentally shut the front door when I was checking the mail and it locked! I had to break our bedroom window and crawl through. AND I was 8 months pregnant with Logan! Whew, I am done reliving that memory! Praise God for His hand of protection!
Back to the rain. Next to the incredible magnificence of the ocean, watching the rain makes me feel close to God, not sure what it is exactly, but I feel His presence so strongly. Perhaps it is the power behind the storms. It can be sunny and calm and then the clouds roll in along with the storm. It makes me realize how perfect God's plans are for us and when we seem to be going through a "storm" in life, He is promising sunshine on the other side. So I have become an unofficial "weather-watcher". Checking the radar often when storms are in the forecast.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Stacy, I have the exact same picture of my two oldest! I love to watch storms roll in! The other night, we watched the clouds move right in over us at my parents house. It looked amazing, and so close! There is something about the awesome power behind it, and how it cleans everything up and makes our grass greener! I wouldn't say my kids love it quite as much, but I am trying to make it not scary by talking about how amazing storms are.