Monday, September 8, 2008

First Grounding... (read this part first)

Dear Olivia (age 3, almost 4),

I am sorry that you are grounded from putting the toothpaste on your toothbrush, by yourself, until Saturday. I know you LOVE to do this, but my first job as a parent is to love you and keep you safe. Therefore, you CAN NOT eat the toothpaste, it could make you very sick. Always remember, I love you unconditionally (that means, no matter what) even if you do eat the toothpaste. And I hated to see you cry so hard tonight. Please understand I am just keeping you safe.

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Lydia was this age she too ate toothpaste- by the tube. I wasn't really noticing because I had a baby at the time and just thought we were using toothpaste really quickly. I realized what was happening when she started vomiting one day and the only thing we could link it to was a high level of ingested flouride. She got better after she quit eating the toothpaste :)