Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm torn




In March and April I am LONGING for summer, some warm weather, the kids playing outside, walks/runs in the evening. But by the end of August I am ready for fall. I love it when it turns cool and it becomes sweatshirt weather (LOVED going back to college in the fall!, football games, etc.) SO I am torn, between being excited for fall and leaving summer behind. Our baby pool was getting gross and it ripped so I took the kids to Target to see if they had good deals on pools. They did! we got this one for $4.98. AND the pump this time! SO the kids had a great afternoon of playing and splashing, we got some sun and just relaxed outside. I took some video but the kids decided to have a 20-minute splashing/squealing contest so I will spare your ears.


So for a few more weeks we will enjoy this early fall weather and then put the pool away and get the sweatshirts out. I am so thankful to live in a part of the country with seasons. God knew that I loved and needed change, so I am thankful that he planted me here.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I am feeling the EXACT same way. So looking forward to sweatshirts but maybe I will try and soak just a little more sun up for now!!

Pumpkins, apple cider, carmel apples, football, bring it on!!

Unknown said...

Me too! Looking forward to throwing the windows open and snuggling up in a sweaters. I feel the same way in the spring can't wait for summer and then boom, ready for change. I'm thankful to for where I'm planted too.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree........I love having different seasons! So many fun things to do in each!

Susie said...

With fall sports already going strong, I feel like we have already changed seasons. It was really nice to have great weather this Labor Day weekend!

love and miss you
susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey! I love your blog! Your little ones are too cute. This post really hit home for me because Kev and I were just discussing how thankful we are to be from the midwest. Although we are enjoying the warmth in Singapore, we will definitely miss the fall weather back in Chicago. Fall is not only gorgeous, but important to gradually prepare our bodies for the cold winters. This year, we'll be adjusting from a humid 90 degree climate to most likely below zero in northern Minnesota! Enjoy the beautiful fall weather for us!