Friday, September 5, 2008

Where is the "Mommy Manual"????

(riding in the car this morning, totally random thoughts from Olivia, per usual)

Olivia: "Does Great-Grandma have to say in heaven?"

Me: "Yes, but she loves it there!"

Olivia: "Is it a house?"

Me: "Yes, the biggest house ever!"

Olivia: "Did she drive there?"

Me: "No, the angels came and got her, and took her all the way up to heaven"

Olivia: "Did they fly?"

Me: "Well, " thinking oh dear, where am I going with this?
"Only your heart goes to heaven, you get a new body there"

Olivia: "So they fly there"

Me: "Sort of"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I get random questions all the time from Ethan. Sometimes I wonder where he gets them.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Ya, sometimes you get to the point where you just have to come up with an answer that will satisfy them. Too cute.

Miss you.

J

Unknown said...

Pretty cute conversation. As the kids get older, the questions get more advanced. My mom died when I was 13, So I've had the same interesting conversations with my kids. And then my dad got remarried and they had a child together. Wow...if that isn't hard to explain to your kids.

Mom of Double A said...

They keep us on our toes, don't they! Loved the video of Logan in the previous post as well. It's so cute when he notices that you have the camera!

Love you,
Jill