Monday, September 8, 2008

First Grounding... (Read this second)

Ok, do we ground kids at age 3? No other term came to mind in the heat of the moment. I can't just "take it away" since we will need it again tomorrow. I don't want to be over dramatic about this (I read somewhere that over the course of a woman's lifetime she will eat 6 lbs of lipstick. That doesn't mean I twist it up and bite it off!), but I know that she could get sick if she consumed too much! So anyway, forgive me for rambling, I just really don't feel well and am really tired of telling my precious angel to STOP EATING THE TOOTHPASTE!!! ( I should clarify, that "eating the toothpaste" means putting a TINY bit on her finger (and I mean tiny, I have watched her do this without her knowledge) and eating it, I mean savoring it.



I digress...


Ok, after re-reading this, I think I may sound a little crazy. But you know how, as parents, we all pick our battles? some we choose to fight and others we just let go. Well, this one, for some reason, I am choosing to fight (not sure why, it all made more sense earlier) because I want her to be a responsible tooth brusher someday. Anyway, Thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better, although I think I may be a little crazy (lets just chalk it up to the cold).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is OK to use discipline just because of the fact that you repeatedly told her not to eat the toothpaste and she continued anyway. Tomorrow it may be something more harmful than toothpaste that she is trying to consume. You are definitely not crazy, but feel free to vent!