
Olivia, here are some things I want you to remember....
I want you to remember our special "mom and sis" play times (during Logan's nap).
Lately you really like to wash your Barbie's hair and then dry them with the "real" hair dryer. You hold the dryer while I brush, and then I hold the dryer while you brush. Today you said "Mom, do you want to switch barbies? If not, that is ok too." Thanks for being so sweet. Then we get the barbies dressed (you tell me what they should wear, because I could NEVER pick out the right clothes). They seem to always be going to the 'weddin' (leaving off the g).
Then you love to paint with your "real paints", not the watercolor ones. Today I just let you make a huge mess, you had a ball and your tummy was full of paint spots. I took the lids off of all 8 of the paint jars and you mixed them together in different concoctions. I love the rainbow you made for me and I am excited that you are figuring out what colors to mix to make new colors!
I know you get frustrated with Logan, he seems to destroy our 'weddin' right when we are ready to really play. He doesn't mean to make you mad, he is just a boy. So for now, we will just do our "special" play times when he is napping.
Another thing you are into right now, peanut butter hot dogs. I put peanut butter on one side of a piece of bread, fold it over and put more peanut butter on top. It is quite messy but you love it. Tonight I let you eat your peanut butter hot dog in the living room watching a show, you told me you would eat it soon. I came back in and you were alseep! How peaceful you looked. When daddy took you to bed, we tucked you in, your eyes popped open "I'm NOT tired!", then back to sleep. I am amazed at how you fight going to sleep, most nights after we say our prayers, you matter-of-factly inform me that you WILL be sleeping with your eyes open!
ALSO! It makes me sad that you are scared to go to the dr. She really just wants to help you. Today you asked for a dr. kit for your birthday (instead of water shoes) but you don't want the long stick they put in your mouth (to test for strep). I know it hurts but really they are just helping you. I fear now that you don't always tell us when your throat hurts because you don't want to go to the dr. You are always excited to go if it is for Logan! SOOO today, I went to the dr, and I took you with me, and see? I didn't cry! You did a great job of packing your backpack with toys, and you were SOOO good while we waited. Thank you for speaking to those who spoke to you. I know you get shy, but remember, I just want you to return a greeting and do your best to answer if someone asks you a question. It is ok to be shy. When we walked out of the office, there was a surprise in the waiting room. DAD! (it was his turn with the dr) you wanted to stay with him, but we had to go, thank you for not throwing a fit. We are VERY proud of how you acted at such a grown up place.
Just a few memories I want you to remember... Love you sis!
I want you to remember our special "mom and sis" play times (during Logan's nap).
Lately you really like to wash your Barbie's hair and then dry them with the "real" hair dryer. You hold the dryer while I brush, and then I hold the dryer while you brush. Today you said "Mom, do you want to switch barbies? If not, that is ok too." Thanks for being so sweet. Then we get the barbies dressed (you tell me what they should wear, because I could NEVER pick out the right clothes). They seem to always be going to the 'weddin' (leaving off the g).
Then you love to paint with your "real paints", not the watercolor ones. Today I just let you make a huge mess, you had a ball and your tummy was full of paint spots. I took the lids off of all 8 of the paint jars and you mixed them together in different concoctions. I love the rainbow you made for me and I am excited that you are figuring out what colors to mix to make new colors!
I know you get frustrated with Logan, he seems to destroy our 'weddin' right when we are ready to really play. He doesn't mean to make you mad, he is just a boy. So for now, we will just do our "special" play times when he is napping.
Another thing you are into right now, peanut butter hot dogs. I put peanut butter on one side of a piece of bread, fold it over and put more peanut butter on top. It is quite messy but you love it. Tonight I let you eat your peanut butter hot dog in the living room watching a show, you told me you would eat it soon. I came back in and you were alseep! How peaceful you looked. When daddy took you to bed, we tucked you in, your eyes popped open "I'm NOT tired!", then back to sleep. I am amazed at how you fight going to sleep, most nights after we say our prayers, you matter-of-factly inform me that you WILL be sleeping with your eyes open!
ALSO! It makes me sad that you are scared to go to the dr. She really just wants to help you. Today you asked for a dr. kit for your birthday (instead of water shoes) but you don't want the long stick they put in your mouth (to test for strep). I know it hurts but really they are just helping you. I fear now that you don't always tell us when your throat hurts because you don't want to go to the dr. You are always excited to go if it is for Logan! SOOO today, I went to the dr, and I took you with me, and see? I didn't cry! You did a great job of packing your backpack with toys, and you were SOOO good while we waited. Thank you for speaking to those who spoke to you. I know you get shy, but remember, I just want you to return a greeting and do your best to answer if someone asks you a question. It is ok to be shy. When we walked out of the office, there was a surprise in the waiting room. DAD! (it was his turn with the dr) you wanted to stay with him, but we had to go, thank you for not throwing a fit. We are VERY proud of how you acted at such a grown up place.
Just a few memories I want you to remember... Love you sis!
5 comments:
That is so sweet!
Boy I hope this blogging thing is around when they are old enough to read and appreciate it.
She's so sweet and you are such a loving, patient Mommy!
You sound like such a great mom!
Love this Stacey. So special!!
Hope you guys are feeling better!
Hey Stacey, First of all thanks for your encouragement on my blog. I feel like we've met and have been friends for a while. :) I am thankful for the friendships I've made while being in "blog world."
And also this post was so very special. I hope you print it for Olivia, and put it in her baby book. She sounds like a delightful little girl. What a special relationship to have...when you have a daughter. It sounds like you work on some of the same things we do with your little girl. ie: being shy and requiring at least a response when someone talks to you. Good for you to encourage your little soon to be woman.
What a sweet post.
Post a Comment