I know I have posting alot about Olivia's questions regarding faith, etc. But here is one I really want to remember.
In the car (starting to see a pattern with riding in the car), listening to a kids CD, the song goes like this:
"The Lord is my Shepard, I'll walk with him always"
Remember that one? Here is the conversation:
Olivia: "What is a Shepard?"
Me: "Someone who takes care of sheep, sometimes in the Bible God calls us his sheep and he is our Shepard"
Olivia: "Mom, why are we sheep?"
Me: "It is just a comparison, you know how we call Logan a silly goose? He isn't really a goose, that is just a saying." (what have I started....)
Olivia: silence ...
She doesn't get it, why should she? she is 3! Wow, these are tough questions!
I am convinced I am really confusing her and she thinks I am crazy....
3 comments:
No, YOU are doing a great job. I'm always impressed by you. I, on the other hand, seem to be forever confusing my poor daughter. She is SO confused by where God "is". Why can't we see God? WHERE IS HE??!!!!
How do you explain that???!!!
I often find myself thinking that I am totally confusing my kids as well. Read my newest post and you will see that I probably am! :)
Stacey, I really thought Olivia would keep going with the "why's" The fact that she stopped after you explained about the goose, means she really is thinking and probably understanding what you are talking about! Now see what a great job you are doing??!!!
We seem to be in the car alot too these days. I should pull out some children's CD's for our kids, I usually prefer my own music, but I love that your kids are learning great songs. That is great.
You are a great mama.
And seriously when is Kim going to have us over for dinner so we can meet? She is slacking!
Post a Comment