Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Anniversary Evening

First, Tommy surprised me with roses and a beautiful card! Thank you babe! Then we headed downtown to stay at the Canterbury Hotel. It was very nice and QUIET!!! HA! We had big plans of going out to dinner, but I was still feeling awful (cold) so we walked to CVS to get more cough medicine and ordered room service! Then we watched TV, I read a little, took a hot bath, we both coughed all night and we had room service breakfast. It may not sound like the ideal anniversary but it was perfect for me. I love how we can get back to 'just us' when we have time alone. And I also love that I seriously had just as much fun staying in as I would have going out. (however, next year, lets be healthy! then we may actually FEEL like going out!) I love you babe!!!

3 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! I think staying in is JUST as much fun as going out...and when you are a busy mommy it's special treat too!!!

Congrats to both of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time Stacey. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of a couples retreat that Nate and I went to a couple of years ago. I was getting over strep throat and had a cough. I went to bed while he went down and enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We slept in separate beds because I wasn't sleeping well. I laid awake most of the night with a sore throat. Then, in the morning, the hot water wasn't working in the hotel. At least I can laugh about it now! :) I'm glad you had a good time staying in together and hopefully next year you will be healthy.