Logan playing hide-and-seek
Daddy and Logan snuggling before work
Chillin'
Catching rays
CHEEESSEEE!
And this morning Olivia got her wish. Daddy took her to the gas station. Seriously, why do we pay for a museum membership when all she talks about is the gas station? Too funny!
I am sure we all have favorite memories that would surprise our parents. The childhood experiences we choose as favorite memories. Does it surprise you mom and dad that one of my favorite memories is going to Fork's County Line store? And that I can STILL smell the distinct aroma of Hardings? I loved sitting in the sanctuary of the old Brethren Church downtown Middlebury. I also loved going into the Varitey Store (used to be downtown, what is there now? That cute shop, can't remember the name...). Anyway, what memories did you choose as a child to store in your "favorite memory" file in your mind? Those of you from the Middlebury area, what specific memories do you have from our town? I LOVE living in the city but I also really love the peaceful feeling I have when we go back home to Middlebury. There is just such a neat small-town feel to our sweet hometown. Let's share memories today!!!
3 comments:
I have a lot of random memories too....I remember vividly going to the food co-op with my mom (she is a health nut). I also remember the smell of inside of it. I have wonderful memories of helping my mom in the garden and around the outside of the house. Sometimes I get so caught up in "creating" memories that I need to remind myself that the day to day stuff we do together is just as important, if not MORE important!!!
J
I have always loved walking to and in Krider Gardens. Now my kids love it too and with the walking path, it makes our walks that much better to and from and other places in town. I am going to miss being so close to town for that very reason.
Lots of Memories:
We, too, walked to Krider Gardens with my Grandma K. picking Queen Anne's Lace along the way.
Summer Fun and riding our bikes downtown to the library.
Lots of memories at the church on Mill Street-VBS, Youth parties, etc
The summer festival and the dance on Friday night.
Sitting on the porch or front steps of both Grandmas' Houses: One on CR 8 and one on the S-curves watching cars go by-just hangin' out.
How much space do I have here..I could go on and on.
Happy 4th Stacey!
Post a Comment